Did you chip or crack a tooth? Or are your teeth so stained that regular whitening isn't effective anymore?
Then you may be a good candidate for veneers.
Dental veneers in Bellflower are thin shells that are attached to the surface of your teeth to enhance your smile. But are they durable enough?
The Benefits of Veneers
With so many solutions to fix cosmetic dental issues nowadays, you may wonder why opt for veneers instead of another treatment.
Here's why this procedure is often preferred by both patients and dentists:
- Natural looking. The shells can perfectly mimic the color and shape of your natural teeth.
- More durable than bonding or Lumineers. Porcelain veneers have a significant lifespan, which means that you can enjoy your smile for longer.
- Can treat a wide variety of cosmetic issues like stains, chips, cracks, gaps, and even minor misalignments.
- They are low-maintenance. All you need to do is follow your regular dental care routine and see your dentist twice a year.
- They are stain resistant. In fact, veneers take longer to stain or change their color than your natural teeth.
Keep in mind that getting veneers will permanently alter your natural teeth. The dentist will have to remove a bit of enamel to prepare the teeth for veneers. Enamel doesn't grow back like other tissues, so you will always need veneers to cover your teeth.
The Lifespan of Veneers
Veneers can last as little as five years or as long as 20 years. That's because the lifespan of veneers can be influenced by several factors:
- The Material Used: Composite resin veneers are less sturdy and have a lower lifespan, usually between five and eight years. Porcelain veneers, on the other hand, can last between ten and 15 years or even longer.
- Your Oral Hygiene: You can extend the lifespan of your veneers by taking proper care of them. Brush your teeth after every meal and avoid using your teeth as tools.
- Your Lifestyle: If you smoke, or drink staining beverages like red wine and coffee very often, your veneers will lose their brightness and stain faster.
- Using Your Teeth As Tools: We all had moments when we needed to use our teeth to open a package, for example. But, if you do this regularly, you risk breaking and damaging your veneers.
Contact Cedar Smiles Dentistry to Learn More About Veneers
If you're unhappy with your smile's appearance, Dr. Mina Girgis can help you find the best cosmetic dental treatment for your needs. Whether it's veneers, teeth whitening, bonding, Invisalign, or a full cosmetic makeover, you will leave our office with a plan that is sure to help you achieve the smile you always wanted.
Start your smile transformation now. Get in touch with Cedar Smiles Dentistry and request an appointment with Dr. Mina Girgis. You can also call our office at (562) 925-8338 to book a consultation.